- Open Barisan Nasional direct to membership by individuals. Do away with membership by parties.
Recall my five proposals for the reform of UMNO (Malaysian main ruling coalition political party) plus term limits.
- The president, deputy president, vice presidents and members of the supreme council to be elected directly. This ends the delegate system.
- State party chiefs to be elected by the membership at state level, not appointed by the president.
- The nomination quotas to be abolished.
- Parliamentary candidates to be nominated by their Divisions, not by the party president.
- Separate party politics from the responsibilities of government
- Set the term limits. 3 terms for the President. 2 terms for state leadership. [more]